For those that have been keeping up with the Olympics, the men’s 4×100 swimming relay raised alot of questions, such as “how boring of a job would it be to be a lifeguard at the Olympics?” or…
“Why was Michael Phelps’ back and arms covered in purple/red circles?”
No, these marks aren’t giant hickies!
These red marks are from the cupping treatment used in contemporary massage therapy!
ACE Cupping Therapy is a modern form of vacuum therapy, in which a machine, or hand pump, creates suction and vacuum pressure inside small glass or plastic cups and placed on the skin.
This causes tight muscles to soften, lifts connective tissue, causes deep inflammation to rise to the top of the skin to release, and brings blood flow back to damaged and sore muscles.
The modern cupping technique derives itself from the ancient Chinese method, which involves using glass jars and a flame to create the suction. Although some therapists prefer using the flame method, most use a suction machine specifically made for this therapy or a hand pump.
Cupping can give you the following great results:
- Cellulite Reduction
- Pain Reduction
- Joint Mobilization
- Lymph Drainage
- Scar Reduction
- Pre- and Post-Operative Therapy to
Shorten Recovery Time & Enhance Surgical Results
- Releasing Tight, Contacted Muscle Tissue
- Contouring the Face & Body
- Assisting with Weight Loss Programs
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Detoxification – Movement of Stagnation
- Skin Toning and Firming
Cupping can also help with the following:
- Poor Circulation
- Insomnia & Anxiety
- Asthma & Pneumonia
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Lung Inflammation & Congestion
- Migraine, Tension Heachaches, & Sinusitis
- High Blood Pressure / Low Blood Pressure
- Sluggish Colon & IBS
- Stagnant Lymph Edema
- Pre- & Post-Operative Conditions
- Athletic Stress & Injury
- Bursitis, Tendonitis, & Plantar Fasciitis
- Scars & Adhesions
- Spider Veins & Varicosities
- Muscular Aches